Tuesday 11 June 2013

I know why we broke up

No, seriously, I now know why we broke up
When I finally heard you sing,
It was as if the heavens opened up and drew my soul in.
Allowing myself to be pulled by a greater force,
I found myself in your heart.
And I knew there and then that heaven existed in your heart.
Your arteries were streets of gold
I took long strolls on and got lost in love.
Only to find myself in veins painted with diamonds.
Heaven was your heart and I gladly resided in.
With every heartbeat you pumped life into existence,
Hypnotized my heart and forced our hearts to dance to the same rhythm.
If your heart ceased to beat I would have ceased to breath.

See, I had engraved your name at the tip of my tongue
So that every sentence I pronounced began with your name.
I also tattooed your face on my eye’s lens
So that with every blink of an eye I could re-see your face.
My love for you was anything but blind,
Still I voluntarily blinded myself to every other woman but you.

Yet we still broke up,
But seriously I now know why we broke up.

See I gave you all the love I had,
Though you returned it twice as much
But I had no love left, for anything else.
I never complained for I didn’t even know it then.
But God wants us to enjoy so much more to life than just one individual.

I didn’t worship the ground you walked on
But laid myself down as your ground
So that you didn’t have to walk on thorns.
In turn I bruised my body
but didn’t even feel it,
for love was the only feeling that made sense to me.
But God must have felt unloved by me?
I mean,
I had no space left to love him
as I loved you even with the last breath of my heart.

Because I had given you my heart
And had to live off yours
I smothered you without even noticing it.
But I need you to understand that:
had I been without you even for a day
I would have been without a heart
And eventually would have died.

See I was dependent on your happiness for mine.
I was dependent on your existence for mine.
If your world fell apart mine came crumbling down.
And it couldn't have been healthy to depend so much on someone.

And that is why we broke up,
We broke up so I could learn to be independent.
We broke up so that you could breathe and I could un-strain your heart.
We broke so I could find pleasure in the minor things in life.
We broke up so that my Alpha and Omega could be God.
It hurt me for years,
Yes it had me accusing the world of having injustices
And God of “favouring” the next man you got with more.
But finally I understand,
I understand why I had to die in us…
We broke up so to die in us

So that for the first time we could live and he could live in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment